No products in the cart.
How sprayer bowsers can improve sprayer operator efficiency
Sprayer bowsers can help improve sprayer operator efficiency to hit crucial spray timings and ensure effective inputs work on crops so efficiency for spray operators need to maximise. With sprayers getting bigger and heavier, consideration needs to be given to reducing axle weights and potential to cause soil structure damage during a wet season. With the cost of sprayers and other farm enquiry on an upward curve driven by the sophistication of the technology, we need to find ways to improve sprayer output by reducing downtime spent filling or travelling on the road to refill. Many farmers look to bowsers either for water, liquid fertilizer or for the chemical solution to be pre-mixed prior to use and with many farmers having trailers which are often sat ideal during the sprayer season, turning these into a sprayer bowser is often a popular route.
What sprayer operator efficiency can I see by using a bowser?
Spray contractors have long used bowsers, and by many switching to liquid fertiliser and taking on more land miles away from their base sprayer bowsers can increase output so by sprayer by up to 25% according to agrochemical manufacturer Syngenta by reducing the time spent filling up. Horizontal transport tanks are suitable for water and fertiliser and are often used in conjunction with a 10,000, 20,000 or 30,000-litre vertical water tank which can act as a buffer for filling the bowser and take advantage of rainwater harvesting at the same time. These Horizontal Tanks are designed for the transportation of liquid such as water and liquid fertiliser and mount straight to flat surfaces with a unique pin mounting system without the need of mounting frames or steel mounting straps, being impact resistant, and chemical resistant to most chemical, these tanks are often seen as the route to take.
Choosing the right design tank
Having the right horizontal tank design will help you manage the liquid better. There are two popular designs/shapes of horizontal leg tanks to choose from.
- Flat Bottom Design: These horizontal transport tanks have a flat base. They are mounted directly to the trailer at the base of the tank. These are mostly used for hauling water where it does not matter if small amounts are left in the tank.
- Sump Bottom Design: These horizontal transport tanks have a slump in the bottom. This design is the most popular choice because 100% of the liquid can be drained from the tank. The shape of the base channels all the liquid to the centre to the sump and must sit on a frame or custom shape trailer bed. These are used for hauling chemical and fertilizer where it is important to drain every drop to avoid mixing 2 different chemicals.
Choosing the Right Size Horizontal Tank
There are many sizes of horizontal leg tanks to pick from. It is important you consider things like how much liquid you need and if you have any weight restrictions.
- Small Sizes: This includes sizes from 200 – 4,000 Litres.
- Large Sizes: This includes sizes from 5,000 – 13,000 Litres.
Water & Liquid Fertilizer Tanks, Pumps & Mounting Frames
Enduramaxx manufacture range of plastic tanks fitted with steel frames for mounting as well as water and fertilizer pumps for quick discharge and filling.
- Water Pump Unit Specification
Engine: Honda GX Petrol Recoil Start Engine
Pump: Aluminium body, BUNA seals
- Chemical/Fertiliser Pump unit Specification
Engine: Honda GX Petrol Recoil Start Engine
Pump: Polyester body, EPDM seals
- Pump Sizes Available
- 1″ Water Pump, 10m Delivery Hose
- 2″ Water Pump, 10m Delivery Hose
- 3″ Water Pump, 10m Delivery Hose
- 2″ Chemical/Fertiliser Pump, 10m Delivery Hose
- 3″ Chemical/Fertiliser Pump, 10m Delivery Hose
Fertilizer Tank Specifications
Buying A Poly Horizontal Transport Tank for your truck or sprayer bowser can seem like hard work, we have put together a list of sizes which are generally available from stock, In the natural you can see the level in the tank when used with liquid fertiliser so you don’t need a level guage. A range of sprayer camlock fittings is available to suit quick filling and connecting to your sprayer.
|Code||Horizontal Tanks||Dimensions (mm)||Product Link|
|17102501||2000L Horizontal Tank||2050 x 1500 x 1100||Here|
|17103001||3000L Horizontal Tank||2500 x 1700 x 1090||Here|
|17103501||4000L Horizontal Tank||2500 x 1700 x 1300||Here|
|17103701||5000L Horizontal Tank||2500 x 1700 x 1690||Here|
|17104001||6000L Horizontal Tank||3200 x 1850 x 1550||Here|
|17104501||8000L Horizontal Tank||3200 x 1850 x 2000||Here|
|17105001||10000L Horizontal Tank||4200 x 1900 x 1800||Here|
|17106001||13000L Horizontal Tank||4200 x 1900 x 2200||Here|
The Enduramaxx Sprayer Bowser Advantage
Our extensive knowledge and years of experience in the industry allow us to design and manufacture fertiliser tanks to your requirement. Why not give us a call today on 01778 562810!