No products in the cart.
Conical Water & Wastewater Treatment Tanks
Conical water & wastewater treatment tanks are at the centre of clean water storage and wastewater management systems. The conical shape has advantages in cleaning, filtering and separating water components. It makes draining easy and complete. These versatile tanks can be used to store clean water and contaminated water safely and efficiently.
Why conical water tanks?
Conical tanks have many advantages. These include:
- Drainage – the shape makes then easy to drain completely or to filter off sludge and debris.
- Versatile – you can choose 5, 15, 30, 45 and 60-degree cone angles. The steeper the angle the better for settling and separation of solids.
- Silt and debris prevention – the dirt sinks to the bottom of the cone where you can drain it off.
- Separation of solids – efficient management helped by the cone shape.
- Fixtures – these are accessible and customisable.
Our tanks come in a range of sizes from 250 litres to 30,000 litres. They are rotationally moulded – no seams and no joints.
Conical Purified Water Tanks & Treated Water Tanks
Over time, stored water degrades. To prevent this our tanks are designed so that you can drain them completely. Our range of fittings & flanges outlets and air filters provide effective prevention of contamination by airborne hosts. The benefits include:
- One-Piece Moulded tanks – no welds or joins in the tank.
- Complete drain – the conical shape allows purified water to be drained from the base of the tank.
- Easy to clean –any chemicals used to clean the tank can be completely drained out from the bottom of the cone.
- Sampling or racking ports – to fit in with process pipework. Welded sockets allow tank fittings to be placed where required to fit in with existing pipework.
- Control of ultrasonic levels – flanges can be fitted on the roof of the tank for ultrasonic level controls and CIP pipework.
- Airtight Lids – lids bolt down for airtight connections without restricting access into the tank if required.
Wastewater Treatment Tanks
Our industrial water tanks are designed to withstand the challenge of the various wastewaters it encounters. Each system is built to the specifications required.
Components of the wastewater treatment system include:
- storage tanks for the wastewater,
- mixing or reaction vessels where wastewater is treated,
- tanks for dewatering and sludge for sludge storage
- filter presses
- other-equipment including, ph. adjustment and polymer make up units
The quality of the wastewater varies according to the industry, for example, food and drink manufacturers produce a lot of fats, oils, and greases with water high in COD content, whereas vegetable washings create wastewater that will have a high level of silt and suspended solids in the wastewater.
The industrial water treatment tanks have walls that are extra thick to cope with specific gravities of 1.5 SG – 2 SG. They are available in Polyethylene (PE) and Polypropylene Plastic (PP) materials for storing different chemicals and can be customised with fittings and flanges. The tanks are corrosive resistant and UV stabilised to withstand many years of outside use.
Equipment Mounting, Pipework and Customisation
These industrial tanks are available with customised fittings and flanges from BSP inlets and outlets to PN16 and ANSI flanges, welded sockets, and overflow pipework. Additional vents, liquid level sensor assemblies, fill pipes and suction pipes are available terminating in BSP and flanged connections. Frames, stands and bolt-down feet are also available.
Reaction vessels for wastewater flocculent mixing
Flocculation is a process used to purify the water. It involves coagulation, flash mixing, flocculation and then clarification where the clean water is removed. Flocculant chemicals are added to the water in the reaction vessel and then vigorously stirred to create the flocs from the sediment and particles in the water. The flocs are drained off and the clear water can then be passed through filters if necessary and recirculated.
Conical tanks are well suited for this purpose since it is easy to drain off the floc or sludge as it falls to the bottom of the cone. Decant valves open to take the cleaned water to be passed through a fliter to remove any remaining particles. Many of these systems are designed for continuous flow and mixer baffles will help to mix in the tank.
ph Balance Neutralization Systems
Sometimes the ph. needs to be neutralised before treatment can begin, and balancing the ph is an important part of the process in dealing with industrial wastewater. Conical tanks are used for this, and the ph. Balancing may be done in batches – or as a continuous process. This might mean adding strong acids or hydroxides to raise or lower the ph. respectively In the water.
Conical water and wastewater treatment tanks
Conical wastewater tanks are suited to a wide range of wastewater management treatments. The shape allows easy extraction of debris and solids that have sunk to the bottom of the cone. They are easy to clean, and the complete drainage allows the removal of chemicals used in the treatment process.
The metal frames enable these cone tanks to be skid mounted to frames which include control systems and pf adjustment systems for monitoring flow rates, ph levels and ph control of waste streams. Conical water treatment tanks are very versatile, with sampling or racking ports to fit the pipework. The welded sockets allow fittings to be placed where required. Flanges can be fitted onto the roof of the tank for ultrasonic level control and CIP pipework. Lids, frames and feet can be fitted as required.
Enduramaxx have a wide range of conical tanks including conical settlement tanks with different capacities and in different styles. You can see our full range of conical wastewater treatment tanks here.
If you would like more information please give us a ring on 01778 562810 – our sales team are here to help you.