No products in the cart.
Conical Tanks for pH Balance Neutralization Systems
Why use conical tanks for ph balance neutralization systems. To answer that we need to look at the purpose of the system and where it is needed. Then we must check on the system itself to see where the conical tanks fit in.
Many industrial wastewaters may be too acidic or too alkaline and the pH needs to be neutralized before the water is treated further. This can be done in batches or as a continuous process in the ph correction tanks. The pH scale ranges from 0 to 14, with 7 being neutral. A pH greater than 7 is alkaline while a pH less than 7 is acidic. Pure water has a pH value of 7. Strong acids are used to lower the pH in alkaline waters and chemicals such as sodium hydroxide are used to raise the pH in acidic water.
pH balance neutralization systems
As well as the wastewater/effluent holding tank, pH neutralization systems generally require other critical components including:
- Monitoring equipment mounted for level control on top of the tank
- pH electrodes to monitor pH levels and pH balances
- pH level control equipment
- Pumps for pumping the effluent into the tank
- Reagent storage tanks
- Chemical pumps for pumping reagents to the tank when required
- Mixers mounted on top of the tank to enhance chemical reaction in the water treatment tank
Once the pH has been adjusted the water passes on to other treatment systems; for example, demineralisation within the metal finishing industry.
Advantages of conical tanks
There are several advantages of using conical tanks in pH neutralisation systems, where the wastewater needs to be balanced before treatment. This can be done in a continuous process or in batches. These conical water tanks can be customised with fittings for ph controllers for ph adjustment systems.
The prime advantage in the conical shape is the ability to easily and completely drain the tank since the heavier stuff simply falls to the bottom where it can be removed. Other advantages include:
- Easy to clean – drain off the sludge, remove chemicals completely.
- Sampling ports – Welded sockets allow fittings when required to be convenient to the installer and user.
- Provision for fittings, flanges, and outlets as required.
Enduramaxx Conical Tanks
Enduramaxx have produced a range of conical tanks that are ideal for pH neutralisation. Our 2,350 and 3,150-litre conical tanks are suited for smaller wastewater treatment systems – and our 10,000 – 12,000 litre tanks for larger commercial pH adjustment and treatment systems. You can see our range here.
For details, pricing or to specify a cone bottom tank for your next project – please get in touch. Phone 01778 562810